Want to get qualified leads online for your service-based business?
For any service-based business, lead generation is a hot topic. If your lead flow is inconsistent, your cash flow will be too, which is a tough predicament to be in.
I’ve got good news. You only need three things to make your marketing work.
1. In-depth knowledge of your audience
Most of the people I do free strategy sessions with, don’t know their audience. They’re guessing and/or their audience is too broad. Stop guessing, and do your homework.
Instead of trying to help everyone, help someone. Dig deeper than calling yourself a health coach. Define a sub-niche. Example: you’re a health coach who works with people with autoimmune diseases. Or, you’re a health coach who helps new moms establish healthy routines after delivery.
Get to know your audience’s W.I.N.G.S. Worries, Interests, Needs, Goals, and “Stucks.” Your ideal clients will feel like you’re reading their mind when you share this knowledge on your website. This will give your potential clients confidence in you and build trust.
2. A marketing/sales funnel designed to convert that you’re proud to promote
Your marketing systems include your website, funnel, and follow-up nurture email systems. It’s important that you design them to convert visitors to leads, clients, and then raving fans.
- Website: Your website projects the quality of service you provide to your visitors. How well it is designed and branded directly affects how your potential clients see you. Your site should position you as the premier authority for your ideal clients. Finally, you must have an online presence you’re proud to promote. This will help to give you the confidence to market yourself.
- Funnel: The goal of your funnel should be to entice your visitors to take another step. The first step will likely be to give you their email to request information or get a free gift. Your second step may be to book a discovery call, get on a webinar, or buy something from you. And your third step may be a higher-priced package or recurring-revenue subscription.
- Follow-up Email Nurture: Most of the people who visit your website won’t be ready to buy. That’s why we entice them with a free gift, also called a lead magnet, at the beginning of your funnel. This allows us to continue to email them helpful information to gradually move them to the sale. Most of your sales will come from your email nurture system.
3. A way to drive traffic to fill your funnel
You need to master a few ways to drive traffic to your funnel. Focus on traffic channels you enjoy. If you love to write, then blog. Are you a social butterfly? Leverage Facebook groups. If you love analyzing data and stats, you might like paid advertising.
Create a balance of traffic leveraging the 3C’s: Contacts, Content, and Cash.
- Contacts: Your list, your social followers, joint ventures, guest blogging, etc.
- Content: Blog posts, social content, videos, podcasts, search engine optimization, etc.
- Cash: Paid ads, such as Facebook ads, banner ads, Google AdWords, etc.
Having a balance of the three will help you to keep your lead flow steady and your funnel full. For example, if your joint ventures are busy with launches, your blog posts and paid ads can fill in the gap. If your ad-spend increases, your email list and SEO can keep the leads flowing.
To summarize, there are only three things you need to succeed in generating leads online.
- know your audience
- have a marketing system designed to convert
- traffic to fill your funnel
You can’t succeed with only one or two.
- Even if you know your audience and have an amazing marketing system, without traffic, you won’t get leads.
- If you have a marketing system and traffic but you’re speaking to the wrong audience, you won’t get leads.
- And if you’ve got traffic and know your audience, but you don’t have a marketing funnel, you won’t get leads.
If you’re struggling to steadily get leads online, or you know you need help in any of these three areas, let’s talk.